I have a birthday coming up

I realized I have been alone on my birthday for the past 4 years. I thought Id invite one friend, but then they suggested inviting more people who are from our classes, and I changed my mind and called it off. So I get to be alone again this year :slight_smile: woohoo! at least the expectations are zero. I have LITERALLY no one to spend it with, who is my friend or who likes me enough to be with me without out of pity.

It’s a week away and I already am crying.

4 Hearts

Why did you turn off that offer? I’m actually curious what made you decide to do that, not that I’m being rude or anything. Do you only want one person to spend time with you, or what is it?

1 Heart

It sounds like… u just want to be loved… (cliche but that’s what it sounds like)… aside from politics…
Why don’t u do sth that fulfils that need… (just for one day or activity, ignore the politics & have a good time, even if it means at ur expense…) be w ur family, if u can or if u don’t like them, or a few guys, etc…
Anyway… for what its worth, I’m sure ur an amazing person & deserve all the happiness & love in the world… have a happy birthday, love you.

2 Hearts

I just dont know them very well, so it would feel like a loserish experience to invite 3 people and 2 of them are people are barely know.

Maybe the person you do know thinks you would mesh well with their 2 other friends. It is one thing to be alone by choice, but it sounds like you want to be with other people.

3 Hearts

What if you did something like dinner and movie, it takes the pressure off of you to talk the whole time and is something almost everyone loves to do.

3 Hearts

Thats how you meet new people and make friends, you dont have to invite the ones you dont know as well and you dont have to ve alone for your bday, i also dont know why you called it off the moment someone said to invite more people, just spend with the person you wanted in the first place and enjoy their company, it seems you dont want to be alone but you’re forcing yourself to do it bc its easier than being uncomfortable with folks you dont know, which i understand, but it doesnt have to be this way. What was the original plan with that one friend? Stick to it, have a nice birthday

1 Heart

ah there were no plans made, Im new to this city so I dont know many people anyways. The people I do know are from classes, but they’re all acquaintences. I had one friend who was a close friend, but his partner is in town who I barely know, and so I really dont wajt to be a third wheel on my birthday, or have to make small talk. I dont feel like havinbg to force myself to interact with strangers/people who barely know me on the one day I should be happy and feel cared about. As it is, I dont think even my close friends will remember it’s my birthday lol. Sooo does it even matter

It’s honestly fine, Im feeling a bit better about it. My mom/sister sent me a gift in the mail or maybe a card but either way Im grateful. It doesnt really matter if I dont have people to celebrate with, I can just do my animation project, and spend the day getting work done and making art just like today and it ended up being a good day which is what matters.

I have spent a majority of my 38 birthdays alone, or well at least not with friends (My parents and my brother are always here because we live together). I have a friend who loves to have parties the bigger and wilder the party is the better, and one thing I have learned is that she and I are different and that is okay. Its okay to be friends with people who are different than you, and if you aren’t comfortable in groups you need to tell them. I did this with my friend and she now only invites me to small group event 2 or 3 people dinners.

It took awhile to explain to her that I get anxiety in groups, especially when drinking is happening, but eventually she realized I am not fun if I am mentally freaking out.

Anyways, its okay to be alone on your birthday if you like being alone (I like being alone), but if you want to do something try and find someone to do something with.

Im choosing to be alone since my family already ruined it. I cant handle being around anyon3, and their needs and their emotions and what they need from me.

Well i hope you have a nice day, if you want you can message me and ill send you the video i always send to people on their birthdays, get yourself a treat and enjoy

Happy Early Birthday to you :birthday:
On your birthday you can get free starbucks with the app, a gift from sephora, a free scoop of ice cream from Baskin and Robbins…why not get a few annoying apps and make a fun day of it?

3 Hearts

aw thank you! I appreciate it. it already passed a days back, the yestterday was a lot better. My family called me, to impress eachoth3r about how much they care about me. My aunt wrote it on a group chat, which Im not on, but forgot to tect me directly. lol. Then I found out one of cousins who I thought was a genuine, kind, wonderful person and we get along really well—he kicked one of my aunts in the stomach. His mom, who was my aunt thqt I thought i was close to, then gaslit me and told me that do you think he could do such a thing, and then told me she would talk yo me a different day. I spent the day with a stomachache from anxiety and crying. I cancelled plans witj my friends becaude I needed to cry. Then I went to make art and be alone and the day ended on a normal note. So much worse than a regular day .So Ill plan to not pick up calls next year.

TLDR: Birthday sucked I will be ignoring all family next year.

Next year maybe Ill look into it, thank you. =)

Oh sweet friend, family can really suck and I so appreciate you being there for me as I process my family issues. I am actually going to see family soon that I love, but it hit me the other day that when my aunt and uncle pass, I am not sure how the family will stay intact after that, since when my grandparents died, that family cell just fell apart.

2 Hearts

Hopefully there will be kids? Im not sure, I had those thoughts too. At this point I even feel sad my sister and I arent close. It would have been nice to be able to stay in touch with cousins but now I wonder if theres a point to try.

I am just going to do my best to stay close with the people in my life that care, my sister and her family are just not in that circle anymore. I feel bad for my little niece, but I have sent her a card on her birthday with a gift card and texted, my grandmother who is still alive, says my sister and niece never respond to her either. I think that is even sadder.

My friend invited me to her birthday a few months ago and I met her best friend. It’s fine if you don’t want to make new connections, but I don’t think it’s just morally wrong to give people a second chance.

Found out the hard way how that can be. When my uncle died many moons back, the family I thought loved to get together just disappeared. My grandma’s still kinda pissed about it. Just goes to show you how fickle family can be. Personally, I’m not crying myself to sleep about it since those cousins were trashbags and always left huge messes for my mother to clean up when their little baby jub-jubs treated her house like a McDonalds play place. Never once offered to help clean up. Sucks for my grandma, but I say good riddance.

1 Heart

I hate birthdays anymore. I kind of wish no one even knew about my birthday. Its just another day to remind me of my social anxiety. Mine was Feb. 21. must be pretty close to yours. Happy belated birthday to you. I haven’t been on much lately or I would said that earlier.

1 Heart

ahh a fellow pisces. the day after isliterally better, but i wish you a happy year full of good things :slight_smile: &thank you.