Unbelievable Anxiety

I am suffering from unbelievable anxiety right now. I can’t sit still or focus, i can’t work or even complete a simple task, like reading a chapter in a book. I’m now on Zoloft which has reduced some of my extreme actions but I’m not able to function. I’m in therapy and I try to focus on positive thoughts but it doesn’t get better. Alcohol helps short term but it’s not a good solution. I suffered a recent personal tragedy and I know that was the trigger but I don’t know how to put it behind me.

1 Heart

It will take time to get better to recover from tragedy . There is not instant fix . What your doing will work .

1 Heart

Thanks, it helps to know someone cares. I think my self esteem is really low right now but your reply made me feel better.

1 Heart

yes i agree with them, it will take time. be patient with yourself and give lots of love and self care to yourself. try to connect with loved ones as much as possible

1 Heart

Welcome to the group. Look up utube check meditation. You lay on the bed and listen ro either nature sounds, Tibetan bowls, sound baths, spa music, rain drops river flowing. Which evet you like and just rest in bed for an hour. It totally relaxes me. You just focus on the noise. Hugs and enjoy. It reduces anxiety.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I couldn’t sleep so I got up and took an online yoga class for beginners. It helped with the anxiety, I think because it combined meditation with movement. My wife would tell me to breath a certain way when I had a problem but I don’t think she can relate to me. When I feel that way I can’t stop. Having the breathing and meditation combined with the movement worked better. i think being able to focus on the positions helped me to not focus on my anxiety. I felt a lot better until she called me and then we went over things that just put me back in a bad place. i took some meds and I’m better.

1 Heart

Well today my therapist never showed up for my virtual appointment. When you already feel like you’re not important to anyone in the world, that just reinforces it.

1 Heart

aww that really sucks! but just think they must have been sick or had an emergency. dont put it on you!

1 Heart

i know, I was just trying to make it through the week to this appointment. I’m sure she will reschedule but I really needed to talk.

1 Heart

that really sucks

1 Heart

yes, maybe someone else was in a really bad place and needed her more. Thanks so much for caring.

2 Hearts

Just type here we can give you support. If you want to talk about more things.

Sorry, I should have asked, Are you OK today?

1 Heart

Im pretty good. Thanks for asking. Been keeping busy with errands. I am now helping my dad do things. He is older and needs help. Hugs.

Im glad yoga and meditation helps. Medication sucks sometimes because it causes side effects.

Im enjoying this support group because i can check the times when it doesn’t cause me anxiety. Too much screen time for me makes me irritable. I also like that support groups watches over and chimes in with support. It makes you feel safe.

Yes, I also really want to fine a support group that I can talk on the phone or maybe a zoom. I really am looking for a connection.

1 Heart

You can start up many conversion with others in chats. Nor sure how but you can look up FAQ about the site. Not sure about zoom or video on here i dont think they have that. You can do some looking for that rype of support group. You can private message on here if you need. Hope i helped.

1 Heart

My therapist wants me to journal but it ends up being just a list of all the bad things that happen but not how they make me feel. I decided to write poems instead of the journal. The poems can express my feelings so much better. It really doesn’t matter what happens to me, it only matters how I feel about it. They’re not great poems but they help me capture the feeling I have at that time Here’s one I wrote tonight after trying have my love reciprocated.

The darkness comes sometimes when I least expect it. It creeps in riding on a word, a pause or a glance. It takes over me, my chest aches, I go numb. Nothing is familiar, nothing is mine, nothing matters.