Hotline

are there counselors at your school? Sometines they can talk to your teachers about extensions, or can help by talking ti your parents on how to support you better so you can do better in school. I worked in a school and I remember a girl had so much anxiety she could not sleep at all, and finally she felt safe enough to sleep in my office and literally fell asleep on the floor while listening to some deep breathing video. I think talking to a counselor will help. They can often connect you to counselors. Especially with the summer here, hopefully you can take time to get counseling since you wont have classes.

As a parent I have definitely been there, it isn’t right to yell, but we worry about grades and how they affect your chances of getting into colleges. It is a terrible cycle. Hugs.

1 Heart

your a parent? i’m sorry but i bet your kids are lucky i wish i had someone like you as a parent. i know my parents worry but i’ve been passing all year and never have they said they are proud of me last school year i literally missed school once a week and barely passed so why aren’t they proud of me this year?

That is really sweet of you to say @eddieeeee, not sure I win as a parent, but somedays are better than others. What I can say is this, my parents pretty much sucked at the whole praise, well done thing. Sometimes you just have to survive, that is what my childhood felt like, survival.

1 Heart

my childhood has been a fight to survive i’ve never been good enough i’ve never been sick enough for my parents my sister was always smarter and better at everything i tried. when my dad used to try and hit me i had to learn to stop his hand from hitting me. i’ve always been alone in this house.

I truly hope you get far away from them when you turn 18, take whatever financial help for college and go, far, far away.