Newest Blog is out, Support is Necessary!!!
Make sure to click READ MORE to see the full article. -SG or click BLOG on the GREEN menu bar

I have a brother that is 43 years old and he lives with my p

I have a brother that is 43 years old and he lives with my parents. He has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia since his early 20s. He isolates himself in his room all day everyday. He will come out for food and occasionally he will go to the store. My father is older and he just doesn't know what to do. He wants to place him in a home to get the help he needs but my brother is resistant and says that he wants to stay with my dad. My husband and I feel like we need to find proper care for my brother. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

norseduncan's picture
Sep 13

that is a tough question. if he is able to make his own decisions, and your father allows him to stay, I don't know there is anything you can do. but there will come a point where he will have to go elsewhere.

Sep 13

I’m hoping to find some in home care for him. Maybe a Professional visiting once a week. I will have to discuss with my father.


Login or Register

You are visiting Support Groups as an anonymous user.

Please consider joining our community and gain access to additional features by

registering or logging into your account